STS new Trustee

STS new Trustee

Friday, November 12, 2010

Department of Energy

I had a very interesting conversation with a parents of a kid I coach in football. His name is Kevin Easley and works in the Dept of Energy Natural Gas Policy Office.

His eyes lit up when I mentioned the Eagle Ford Shale and we proceeded to talk "Shale Gas" for the next 15 minutes when I should have been coaching. ( However, we did make it to the finals)

In short, I am going to go to DOE and meet with him to get a feel for what the government is thinking about our unconventional gas and oil play policy wise. It sounds like they are "getting it" and he was not too worried about the various EPA issues.  He was clear that these "plays" have the potential of changing the United States energy position\status worldwide.
He did saypoint blank in respects to energy exploration: "There is no where else in the country I would rather own land than the Eagle Ford."

No comments:

Post a Comment